In the selected municipalities the Action will improve living conditions for the most vulnerable local communities, including migrants, and refugees, in an inclusive and conflict-sensitive manner by enhancing access to basic and social services. Moreover, it will tackle lower economic development, social cohesion and community security specifically affecting southern Libya. The Action will therefore aim at supporting activities that can respond to immediate needs at the local level, while also laying the groundwork for longer-term, more sustainable programmes. Within the framework of the EU Action, the AICS Programme aims at improving capacity to deliver basic services at the municipal level in the Education, WASH and renewable energy sectors, through light rehabilitation of service facilities (i.e., works, equipment and supply provisions), institutional capacity building and awareness raising activities targeting communities and the general public. Moreover, the Programme will focus on agricultural livelihoods and decent job creation (agro-food activities) at the local level. The intervention logic relies on strategic communication to ensure adequate visibility to programme activities, results, and achievements, sharing information with targeted (local, national and international) audiences in a timely and effective manner and promoting the commitment of all stakeholders. Finally, the PMU is responsible for the coordination and support to the EU Action Governing Bodies. The Programme has a 36-month duration.
1. KEY FUNCTIONS
Under the overall supervision of AICS Regional Representative in Tunis, the International Administration/Procurement Officer of the Programme reports to the Compliance Officer. The Administrative/Procurement Officer, support the Compliance Officer in all Administrative tasks. S/he supports the Team Leader and the Compliance Officer of the PMU in the coordination of the tasks related to administrative and procurement procedures, budget execution and financial management of the Programme in order to carry out the required activities and achieve the expected results.
S/he deputizes the PMU Compliance Officer in his/her absence. In particular, s/he will perform the following tasks:
1. Contribute to expedite RSSD operations, the administrative and procurement procedures according to AICS policies/guidelines, and PRAG relevant requirements. This includes the preparation of dossiers and launch of the Calls for Proposals for grants, sub-delegation agreements and other competitive tenders for service and other contracts;
2. Support the Administration department in the following tasks: registration of inbound and outbound flows, the accounting and payment of expenditure, financial monitoring of expenditure trends and reporting, currency movements, and contract registration, in the dedicated accounting system(s) and elaborates related reports;
3. Assist in procurement activities covering the pre-award, award (evaluation of bids), and post award phases, such as: prepare the dossier, review and verify technical specifications, launch the selection procedure, conduct relevant market research, manage the award procedure, handle vendor’s vetting, contract management and contract administration, prepare contracts and purchase orders;
4. Follow up with grant beneficiaries, suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works, informing all relevant stakeholders;
5. Monitor the financial performance of procurement contracts, grant agreements and subdelegation agreements, assist grant beneficiaries in their expenditure reporting processes and verify expenditure;
6. Assist with payment procedures and requests for payment with regards to procurement and grant contracts signed by the AICS Regional Representative;
7. Contribute to RSSD financial reporting and support the Compliance Officer in any other financial reporting task and during the Audit procedures (internal and external);
8. Perform other relevant activities as required.
2.1 Essential Requirements:
Candidates will be considered eligible for selection on the basis of the following essential requirements, to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
2.1.1 Age not exceeding (at the time of signing the contract) that required for retirement by local regulations (60 years), or by Italian regulations (ref. Law 398/87) for candidates subject to the Italian social security system (67 years);
2.1.2 Medically fit for employment;
2.1.3 Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Law, Economics, Political Science or similar field of study (level 6 European Qualification Framework EQF) or in another field accompanied by proven experience in the sector as specified in the vacancy announcement of at least 5 years working experience in addition to those provided for in the following point 2.1.4;
2.1.4 At least 4 years of relevant professional experience working with international organizations, governmental and/or non-governmental aid bodies in a Legal / Procurement / Finance and Administration position;
2.1.5 At least 3 years working experience with grants and tenders, and thorough knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures in use by the EU (e.g., reporting obligations; PRAG) in developing countries with international organizations, governmental and/or non - governmental;
2.1.6 Proficient English user (C1 Level - Common European Framework of Reference);
2.1.7 Proficient in written and spoken Italian (C1 Level - Common European Framework of Reference);
2.1.8 Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, accounting and video-conferencing software.
2.1.9 Not having sustained, in the three-year period preceding the date of expiry of the notice, an assessment of insufficiency in the assessment of work done/performed in the context of employment contracts signed with AICS offices other than Tunis.
2.2 Preferred requirements:
The following will constitute the preferred qualification for the position:
2.2.1 Master’s degree (University Master, PhD or other Higher Education Courses recognized in the sector of interest) additional to the minimum requirements indicated in point 2.1.3 above;
2.2.2 Basic Arabic user (A2 Level - Common European Framework of Reference);
2.2.3 Basic French user (A2 Level – Common European Framework of Reference);
2.2.4 Previous working experience at the Directorate General for Development Cooperation (DGCS) and / or the Agency Italian for Development Cooperation (AICS);
2.2.5 Previous experience managing EU-funded projects, grant and tender processes, and knowledge of rules, regulations and procedures in use by the EU (e.g., reporting obligations; PRAG) in fragile states.
3. HOW TO APPLY The applications should include:
1. Signed Legally Binding Statement (according to art. 46 of Italian D.P.R. 28.12.2000 n. 445) – as per the attached template, declaring:
a. Age not exceeding (at the time of signing the contract) that required for retirement by local regulations (60 years), or by Italian regulations (ref. Law 398/87) for candidates subject to the Italian social security system (67 years);
c. Being medically fit for employment;
d. Full enjoyment of political and civil rights;
e. Absence of convictions for any criminal offence and absence of any pending criminal charge both in Italy and abroad;
f. Not to have been dismissed, dispensed, declared lapsed or fired from employment in a public administration, both in Italy and abroad;
g. Not having sustained, in the three-year period preceding the date of expiry of the notice, an assessment of insufficiency in the assessment of work done/performed in the context of employment contracts signed with AICS offices other than Tunis;
Any false declaration will incur on penal sanctions according to article 76 of Italian D.P.R. n. 445 of 28.12.2000, as subsequently amended and supplemented, facing immediate termination of employment and loss of any wrongfully obtained benefit.
The applications should also include:
2. Signed and dated Curriculum vitae in English (Europass format), including authorisation to process personal data, specifying the exact month and year of start and end of each work experience, as well as indicating the total months for each experience.
3. Signed and dated motivation letter in English;
4. Copy of valid passport.
The applicants should also provide a telephone number and an email address for communications and must notify AICS of any change occurred after the submission of the application. The applications duly dated and signed, and in pdf. format, should be submitted to the following email address: email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th November 2021 at 24.00 midnight (Central European time). The subject of the email must contain the vacancy announcement number 10/AICSTUNISI/2021.