- Chi siamo
- Cosa facciamo
- Come sostenerci
- Media Room
GVC- Civil Volunteer Group
Figura richiesta:COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE AND PROJECT MANAGER
VACANCY: COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE AND PROJECT MANAGER– SYRIA
Location: Syria, Damascus
Job Title: Country Representative and Project Manager
Starting date: February 2017
Expected duration: 12 months renewable
Application deadline: 27th January 2017
Application procedure: send CV to email@example.com, reference S2; only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
GVC- Civil Volunteer Group, has been working in Syria since 2011 and is currently carrying emergency projects in WASH and Education sectors funded by Italian Embassy and UN - OCHA. Within this framework, GVC recruits a Country Representative/Project Manager with strong experience in promoting and managing emergency programmes and disaster/development linkages with specific experience in remote management capacities and tools.
The Country Representative purpose is to lead and supervise existing projects, develop new programs and coordinate operations in Syria for GVC within Emergency, LRRD and Developmental framework. He/she must be willing to travel extensively among Lebanon and Syria, develop new working opportunities, development of sound relations with key players.
- Program development (design, prepare and negotiate project proposals and budgets) and contribution to design the country strategy.
- General coordination of the NGO’s overall projects activities ensuring their implementation in compliance with the grant agreement and according to schedule. Supervising all aspects of the project including planning, organization, financial, technical and human resources ensuring outputs of the project are achieved on time and within the allocated budget of the annual work-plan, completed works hand-overing to the beneficiaries/counterparts, and the project closing-out.
- Supervising technical direction on the implementation of the project at all levels. Ensuring activities are in accordance with the adopted standards, while meeting the local requirements and cost efficiencies.
- Implementation of office and management procedures, security and recruiting/supervising staff.
- Administration and logistic supervision: financial and administrative functions such as requesting the advancement of project funds; preparing periodical working budget, supervising preparation of cost estimation, procurement procedures for goods, services & works, contracting, payments, accountability; drafting financial reporting.
- General coordination of the expatriate and local staff . Supervising performances of the project international and national team/consultants. Supporting the capacity-building of the local staff through training on the job.
- Setting-up a monitoring and evaluation plan and ensure project activities documentation and performance reports according to GVC and Donors rules and standards.
- Maintaining and strengthening sound partner relationships with project beneficiaries and Local Authorities through continuous follow up, technical support and representation and ensuring their empowerment to identify & articulate their needs & priorities through participatory process. Building and dealing new partnerships and relationships with a range of institutional and non-state actors working in related sector of intervention.
- Relations with HQ, keeping closed contacts with Desk Officer (DO)/Regional Coordinator or other and the relevant Donor in the Country to strategic planning and regular updating on project implementation.
Facilitating projects and GVC visibility and Donor contribution.
- At least 5 years of previous experience in working with NGO or International Organization with increasing responsibility.
- At least 2 years of previous experience in the same position. Proved experience in writing Project Proposal and project management both in emergency, LDRR and development.
- Previous experience in managing institutional relationship in sensitive context.
- Previous professional experiences in highly insecure countries.
- Previous experience in projects and staff remote management
Education & Skills:
- Master degree in relevant field such as International Relations or Development studies, and equivalent.
- Ability to assess needs and write new Project proposal. Excellent knowledge of policy and practices related to emergency response, prevention and preparedness, LDRR and gender mainstreaming.
- Good organizational skills and capacity in managing own times and responsibilities.
- Strong networking abilities in dealing with stakeholders and in particular local authorities, institutions and donor at high performance level to promote development and implementation emergency and development programmes.
- Capacity to work in group and in a multicultural contest and negotiation/interpersonal skills, flexibility in cultural and organizational terms.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English (compulsory) Italian (a plus).
- Demonstrated security management experience and familiarity with remote management.
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage programs / meet deadlines in a fast changing and insecure environment.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office pack.
Will constitute a plus:
- Previous professional experiences in Middle East.
- Knowledge of spoken and written Arabic