- Chi siamo
- Come sostenerci
Figura richiesta:Head of Mission
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
INTERSOS in the Democratic Republic of the Congo is currently focusing on the collection of quantitative and qualitative data on the population movement, on the determination of the main factors of risk as well as the establishment of a system to better tackle protection-related issues.
INTERSOS, in the framework of its activities in DRC, is currently selecting candidates for the following position.
JOB TITLE: Head of Mission DR Congo
DUTY STATION: Dungu and Bunia with frequent trips to Goma and Kinshasa
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT: 1 Year
STARTING DATE: ASAP
ROLE, TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Head of Mission is the organization’s official representative in the country and is responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the country program on the basis of defined strategies.
He/she Manage and coordinate operations and human resources in the country. Specifically he/she is responsible to:
- Represent Intersos in front of Government bodies and Donors.
- Establish and maintain relations with local institutions, donors, NGOs, International Agencies and other stakeholders.
- Monitor donor intervention strategies and priorities in the country.
- Evaluate, promote and elaborate new projects.
- Define programming and planning of mission activities and check implementation
- Define mission’s economic and financial planning, guaranteeing self-sufficiency and consistency of expenses against budget constraints
- At least 3 year experience as Programme Coordinator or Head of Mission, preferably in the region.
- Good knowledge of the procedure of international donors (mainly UNHCR, UNICEF and ECHO).
- Perfect knowledge of spoken and written French is necessary.
- Proven capabilities of personnel management and financial resources management in multicultural and complex environments.
- Comfortable with computer use.
- Leadership attitude.
- Problem solving and strategic planning capabilities.
- Availability to move often through the Area of competence.
Application should be submitted to:
Deadline for application: 30 June, 2012