- Chi siamo
- Come sostenerci
Figura richiesta:Country administrator
HUMANITARIAN AID ORGANISATION
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
INTERSOS has been present in Afghanistan since October 2001, with its main office in Kabul and Sub Offices in Jalalabad, Maimana, Kandahar, Heart and Lashkar Gah.
INTERSOS has worked on various aspects of the Afghan emergency, with a main focus on repatriation and returns, water and sanitation, reconstruction, humanitarian demining, mine risk education, and institutional building.
INTERSOS has also taken an active role in the rehabilitation of the water and sanitation sector in the provinces where INTERSOS has operated. This strategic sector was a focus of INTERSOS’s work in order to create the conditions for the return of IDPs to their places of origin, and to avoid further displacement of drought affected rural communities Country wide activities supporting the vulnerable have led the organisation to support the empowerment of the government to assist the most vulnerable categories of the population, as well as to monitor the performance of the government in this regard.
INTERSOS, in the framework of its activities in Afghanistan, is currently selecting candidates for the following position.
JOB TITLE: Country administrator
DUTY STATION: Herat and kabul
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT: one year
STARTING DATE: ASAP
ROLE, TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Country Administrator is responsible for the administration and financial management of the country and its projects. He/she ensures the correct and effective management of financial resources, in accordance with the organisation procedures and Administrative Director guidelines. Specifically he/she is responsible to:
- Correct accounting and administration of funds.
- Ensure the proper execution of goods, work and services procurement processes and conformity to Intersos and donor procedures
- Support the Head of Mission in the elaboration of new projects
- mission administration and accounting documents and all finished projects documentation
- At least 3 year experience as administrator for an NGO.
- Educational background in finance and administration.
- Good knowledge of the administrative procedure of international donors - mainly UN System - and Italian cooperation.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary.
- Knowledge of Italian language will be considered a plus.
- comfortable with computer use and with the main software for administration system.
- problem solving and organizational capabilities.
- Availability to move often through the Area of competence.
Application should be submitted to:
Deadline for application: 10.02.2010