NGO: Comitato Collaborazione Medica - CCM
Location: Tonj East and Tonj South Counties (Warrap State)
Contract duration: 12 months, renewable
Start date of contract: 1st April 2019
Closing date for applications: 17th February 2019
Salary: Max 2.500 USD per month, depending on the candidate’s working experience.
Benefits: According to CCM country policy:
- PIT (South Sudanese personal income taxes) paid by the Organization
- Food and accommodation provided by CCM;
- Country medical cover in SSD and only for CCM staff (no family members)
- 2,5 leave days per month, plus 10 days of R&R every 10 consecutive weeks in the country
- 600 USD per every R&R schedule to cover for flight/taxi outside of SSD.
Please, apply if the job condition are convenient for you.
CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, South Sudan, Somalia and implementing a variety of health-related projects.
CCM has just been granted different projects focused on the support of primary and secondary health services in Warrap and Lakes States. For further information on the organization, please visit the website at www.ccm-italia.org.
Duties and Responsibilities
The State Administrator supports the Project/Programme manager to ensure a proper administrative and financial management of the projects in the target area. In particular:
- (S)he validates the book-keeping entries made by the project staff and ascertains the proper allocation of costs upon verification of the invoices and other administrative documents.
- (S)he prepares and/or consolidates the weekly cash books, providing to the Head Office evidences of the payments and timely submission of the invoices and other administrative documents.
- (S)he records the incomes and expenditures (cash books of projects) in CCM accounting software and ensures that all the accounts are reconciled.
- (S)he files all payment/expenditure documents separated by project and month.
- (S)he provides monthly budget follow-up and ensures that the expenses are in line with the fund request, the procurement plans and the NGO administrative practices.
- (S)he supports the project staff in the elaboration of the annual budget and the fund request to the Head Office in Juba according to CCM procedure and deadlines;
- (S)he supports the Head office in Juba in the preparation of the draft of financial reports related to (her)his area of competence (as assigned by the Country Administrator) according to the contracts signed with the Donors and CCM’s internal procedures.
- (S)he checks and submits for approval to the Head Office in Juba the monthly payrolls of local staffs at all projects, keeping record of the payrolls for future reference.
- (S)he keeps track of and monthly update records of NSSF deductions from local staff salaries and CCM contributions.
- (S)he participates to the elaboration of the procurement of goods, services and equipment.
- In strict cooperation with the field logisticians, (s)he oversees the administration, supervision and management of assets acquired by each project and of CCM field offices,
- (S)he oversees the contracts and procurement procedures of goods and services complying strictly with donor and CCM requirements, in strict coordination with the State Coordination, field logistician, procurement officer and Country Administrator.
- Relevant academic background for the position
- Proven administrative skills and experience in budget management and accounting;
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role and at least 1-year experience in less development countries or emergency area.
- Experience in the elaboration of financial reports with several donors (UE, UN, etc.)
- High level skills in program coordination, management and supervision;
- Previous experience and understanding of South Sudan is advisable;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and availability to stay in a remote context;
- Proven leadership, problem solving and organizational skills with flexibility and patience;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Fluency of both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of the Italian language adds value.
How to apply
Please, email your resume (PDF- max 4 pages) with three references ‘details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any CV longer than four (4) pages or in different format will not be taken in consideration due to the high level of applications.
Compulsory for European applicants. Please, complete the CV with the Privacy European Authorization 679/2016
Please, specify in the email subject the vacancy title as follow State administrator_Warrap_State_South_Sudan
Any email without a clear title, will not be taken in consideration due to the high level of applications.
Please, note every resume will be evaluated and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.