POSITION: Programme Manager
Location: Beirut (Lebanon)
Period: 1 year extendable, full time position
Starting date: March 2019
Line Manager: General Director
Deadline for applications: 28/02/2019
Key functions of the profile sought:
The Programme Manager will manage and coordinate a regional program to support governance, resilience and social cohesion. The Programme Manager will be based in Beirut, Lebanon and will lead a team of both local and international staff spanning the region, effectively liaising with local stakeholders and programme partners.
Regional strategy development and overall management:
• Manage a multi-country program, ensuring the coherence between planned activities, program strategy and coordination arrangements as outlined in the proposal documents.
• Provide regional oversight concerning the alignment between priorities and needs rising from the field teams, the partners, the beneficiaries and the donor.
• Elaborate systems for project planning, project implementation and monitoring in line with COSV strategy for the region and in coordination with COSV MENA M&E Framework.
• Supervise a team of consultants and permanent staff based in Lebanon.
Coordination of field activities, with partners and beneficiaries
• Coordinate with the staff the development and timely preparation of work plans, reports and budgets for all program activities;
• Elaborate appropriate strategies to ensure efficient use of available resources, with knowledge of ongoing trends in the region.
Effective supervision, monitoring and evaluation
• Conduct timely monitoring of the program progress from a regional and country perspective, ensure on-going monitoring and monthly reviews of work plans;
• Oversee the implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting activities, following the provided guidelines and supporting the supervised staff when needed.
Communications and information flow
• Coordinate with and ensure linkages and synergies among COSV programs in the region;
• Draft reports and review official notes for internal use as well as to submit to the Donor;
• Write down briefings on project achievements and documents, synthesize best practices and lessons learnt to be shared with partners, staff, donor as well as external partners.
Education degree: Master’s Degree
Field of education: Development Studies, Humanitarian Affairs, Conflict Resolution, Political or Social Science, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
To apply, please send an updated cv with references to: email@example.com. Please specify in the object: Programme Manager_VIS
Applications can be sent up to February 28nd, 2019.
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. COSV can ask candidates to attend more than one interview, costs to attend the interviews are not refunded by the organization.