Vacancy Senior Project Manager – Iraq
Position Title: Project Manager
Location: Iraqi Kurdistan
Period: 3 months with possible extension
Closing date: 18th February
Starting Date: March 2019
Un Ponte Per… (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte per… started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through awareness raising and advocacy campaigns, cultural exchanges, humanitarian and peacebuilding projects. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels. This project aims to strengthening the provision of MHPSS services in Erbil Governorate.
Learn more at: www.unponteper.it
Role and Responsibilities
Un Ponte Per… is looking for one Project Manager that will be responsible of the following major tasks:
- Setting up, planning, and supervising the implementation of project activities in close co-operation with the key project staff;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
- Ensure, together with the administrative office, the overall management, control and oversight of financial and administrative procedures, in compliance with UPP organizational systems and instructions;
- Liaising with local partners, the other INGO and with all relevant stakeholders;
- Participating to all the relevant humanitarian coordination working groups and meetings;
- Performing any other task relevant to the project and position assigned by the Head of Mission and the Desk Officer.
- University degree preferably in relevant subjects.
- 3 years professional experience in humanitarian project management
- Excellent command of the project life cycle management with a special focus on administration and reporting actions
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
- Excellent knowledge of the guidelines set out by main donors (EU, UN etc.)
- Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others)
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing work, working under pressure and matching deadlines
- Experience of writing project proposals.
- Team working skills
- Reporting skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills
- Proactive attitude
- Excellent oral and written English
- Familiarity with MHPSS related projects and tools.
- Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Italian
- Previous experiences in Communication with communities.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV, a brief cover letter to address the requirements above and contact information for two professional references to: email@example.com . Please reference; “Project Manager MHPSS - Iraq” in the subject line of your email application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.