- Chi siamo
- Cosa facciamo
- Come sostenerci
- Media Room
Save the Children Italia
Figura richiesta:Consultants for Roster
Destinazione:Various including home based assignments (with travels to field sites as required) and/or field offices
Position: Consultants for Roster
Place of work: Various including home based assignments (with travels to field sites as required) and/or field offices
Type of Contract: Individual Contract – Consultancy
Duration: Various short and long term assignments
Application Deadline: February 27, 2017
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children's lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world's largest independent child focused organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Save the Children Italy (SC Italy) has been implementing programmes in many countries in the world, in various sectors: child protection, children on the move, education, among others. Save the Children is an organization for talented people with different backgrounds and perspectives. We are proud that our staff are representative of the children we work with and we thrive on our diversity. We are an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. Our culture is embedded in these values, along with a strong commitment to our Child Safeguarding Protocol, ensuring that all representatives of Save the Children demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children, both in their private, and professional lives.
In order to have access to a diverse range of knowledgeable and experienced individual consultants/experts, who possess expertise in the areas of Project Development and related areas, Save the Children Italy has created a roster of experts. The roster will help in facilitating the recruitment, hiring and evaluation of individual consultants from several professional backgrounds.
In this context, Save the Children is currently inviting experienced experts to apply to be considered for registration in the roster in the following areas of work:
- Project Planning and Project Design for Institutional Donors (in particular DEVCO and ECHO);
- Need Assessments Design and Implementation;
- Strategic and Policy Paper Planning and Design.
Aim of the Call:
The roster aims at helping Save the Children in identifying a diverse range of experienced professionals in various areas of expertise related to Project Development. Selected applicants will be included into a pool of highly-qualified experts for short to medium term assignments, ranging from a period of days to one/two months.
Duties and Responsibility:
Experts will provide a range of technical advisory services to Save the Children. Specific reporting procedures and working relationships will be detailed at the time of contracting for each specific assignment. The range of tasks for the consultant will include: support to proposal development, proposal writing, needs assessment design, needs assessment delivery, provision of strategic and operational advice, budget design and structuring, strategic and policy paper design, among others. The assignment might include travels to countries where SC Italy is engaged or is planning to be engaged in areas related to Project Development.
General Qualifications and Experience:
Consultants should have relevant professional experience at international level. Professional experience should be, at least, of 5 years (for consultants to be hired as medium level), and over 10 years (for senior level and specialized senior consultants), in two or more of the above fields. Significant experience working in developing countries will be considered an asset.
- Advanced university degree (Master, PHD) relevant to the above areas (Political Sciences, International Development, Social Studies, Economics, and related areas);
- University Degree in the above areas and relevant working experience in the considered sectors will be taken into consideration.
- At least five years of proven working experience relevant to the selected area for medium level experts;
- At least ten years of proven working experience relevant to the selected area for senior experts and specialized senior consultants;
- Extensive technical knowledge relevant to the selected working area (i.e. strong knowledge of required EC Project Planning tools in case of expertise in Project Design, etc.);
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Relevant professional experience at international level;
- Previous work experience with Save the Children is considered an asset.
- Ability to research, analyse and present (both in written and in oral form) complex information;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and effective working relationships;
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and presentation skills;
- Ability to work against tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to think “out of the box”.
Candidates need a working knowledge (proficient) level of written and spoken English and/or French and/or Spanish, in addition to being fluent in written and spoken Italian.
Experts are invited to submit their CVs (only Save The Children CV format will be accepted – available online) and a letter of interest (not longer than 2 pages), in which candidates explain how their expertise is relevant to the position requirements. Successful candidates will be contacted, and will be requested to participate to a written test. Only the ones who successfully will pass the test, will be invited to a final round of interviews.
Evaluation of Applicants:
Applicants will be screened against qualifications and specified competencies for each area. A technical evaluation of all applications will be conducted, based on:
- Relevance of previous experience and technical expertise;
- Education background;
- Language skills;
Successful candidates will be included in Save the Children’s Roster of Experts for a period of two years. After the selection process is finalized, the selected consultants will undergo a training in SC Italy composition, main procedures and organization. Inclusion in the expert roster does not guarantee a contract with Save the Children.
When a request for services arises, Save the Children will:
- Issue Terms of Reference (ToR) defining, duration, fees and per diem, supervision, work modalities and outcomes of the consultancy;
- Select an expert from the roster based on the match of a consultant’s criteria and specific requirements for the assignment (as per ToR);
- Issue an Individual Contract to the expert detailing the time frame, the frequency/modality of payment, outcomes and supervision.
Conditions of a particular assignment may be negotiable.
Save the Children is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
Kindly send your CV along with the application to: email@example.com (please specify in the title of your email: “Consultants for Roster”).
Top of Form
Bottom of Form