- Chi siamo
- Cosa facciamo
- Come sostenerci
- Media Room
Un Ponte Per...
Figura richiesta:Senior and Junior project manager
NGO: Un Ponte Per...
Position: Senior and Junior project manager in Iraq
Job opening for roster purposes
Location: Dohuk, Erbil and Suleymania, Kurdish Region in North Iraq
Un ponte per... (UPP) is an Italian Ngo and no-profit organization established in 1991. It began its activities as “Un Ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of bombings on Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in support of the Iraqi civil society.
Later on, the Un ponte per... activities have been extended to Serbia and other MENA countries. In Iraq, during the last 20 years the association has been implementing projects in the fields sanitation, culture and education thanks to the support of Italian and international donors.
After the 2003 conflict, UPP started to support Iraqi civil society in its effort to protect the cultural heritage, the human and environmental rights, the minorities, and to defend freedom of expression and association. Following the last regional conflicts the association has been also active in the field of humanitarian interventions, first aid and on-going distribution of basic living needs.
The current UPP fields of work/programme in the country are the following:
- Psycho-social support for the Syrian refugees and Iraqi IDPs residing in refugee camps and in the hosting communities
- Empowerment of youth of minorities
- Emergency Response Programme to assist Iraqi minorities at risk
- Improving accessibility and quality of reproductive health services and inclusive educational services for Syrian refugees
- Mass communication programs for Syrian refugees and Iraqi IDPs. Orientation for refugees: assistance to obtain documents, registrations, information campaigns ecc.
- Protection and Valorisation of tangible and intangible cultural Heritage
- Formal and non-formal educational programme with teenagers
- Peace building and Social Cohesion among the communities affected by military struggle with Daesh *ISIS)
- advocacy initiative working to build concrete links of solidarity between international civil society organizations and the growing Iraqi civil society.
Un Ponte Per... is updating its roster in order to select Junior and Senior project managers that may be contracted during 2017.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES FOR SENIOR PM:
- Setting up, planning, and supervising the implementation of project activities in close co-operation with the key project staff;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner;
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
- Ensure, together with the admin. manager, overall management, control and oversight of financial and administrative procedures, in compliance with UPP organizational systems and instructions;
- Liaising with local partners , the donor, and with all relevant stakeholders;
- Participating to all the relevant humanitarian coordination working groups and meetings;
- Performing any other task assigned by the Head of Mission
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR SENIOR PM:
- University degree
- Five years professional experience in humanitarian project management
- Excellent command of the project life cycle management with a special focus on administration and reporting actions
- Proven capacities to plan activities successfully targeting results and objectives
- Excellent knowledge of the guidelines set out by main donors (EU, UN etc.)
- Excellent oral and written English
- Working experience with local counterparts (CSOs, local NGOs, and others)
- Experience of planning, organizing and prioritizing work, working under pressure and matching deadlines
- Proactive attitude
- Team working skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES FOR JUNIOR PM:
The Junior Project Manager will have the responsibility of supporting and assisting the coordinator of the Programmes and projects in the field particularly from an administrative and logistic point of view.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR JUNIOR PM:
- University Degree
- Project management background for at least 1-2 years in NGOs
- Project Management Cycle.
- Proactivity, problem solving ability, multicultural approach and ability to integrate multi-ethnics team
- Technically competent with various software programs, particularly Microsoft Office programs.
- Good oral and written english
DESIDERABLE REQUIREMENTS FOR SENIOR AND JUNIOR PM:
- Knowledge of the Middle East context and relevant local actors.
- Knowledge of Arabic
- Capacity of working under stress and in difficult environment
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to submit CV, brief cover letter and contact information for 2 professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank in advance all the candidates submitting CVs and cover letters; all the received CVs will be examined and archived in our database.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.