- Chi siamo
- Cosa facciamo
- Come sostenerci
- Media Room
Figura richiesta:Country Administrator
Ruolo: Nepal Country Administrator
Job: Nepal Country Administrator
Relate to: WeWorld Nepal Country Representative, Administration and Controlling Department
Location: Kathmandu (Nepal)
Contract type: the duration (possible 12 months) and the contract type will be defined according to the Job Act update
Apply before: 29 January 2017
Starting Mission: February 2017
Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and interviews may commence prior to the advert closing date.
WeWorld is a non-profit non-governmental organization for development cooperation, recognized by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs; we are independent, non-denominational and apolitical. Established in Milan in 1999, WeWorld works in Italy, Asia, Africa and Latin America to defend and promote the woman and child rights.
WeWorld collaborates with a network of other civil-society organizations to give the most vulnerable people a voice on the Italian and international political agenda, and we are involved in the main networks protecting children’s and women’s rights.
WeWorld adopts the approach of human rights as a conceptual and methodological basis for its actions. WeWorld works in seven countries in the development Countries in collaboration with local partners in supporting or implementing projects designed to: protect children, ensure their access to education, to ensure their health and that of their mothers, promote the participation of children, gender equality and women's rights. Education and health are priorities, so the projects are based on a sponsorship program, which is implemented in kindergartens and primary schools for pupils aged 4 to 8.
WeWorld works in Nepal since 2010, to promote the universal access to quality education. The program is funded by private funds collected through a Long Distance Sponsorship Program. The action is implemented by local partners, in particular by: Child Workers in Nepal (CWIN), and in rural context by Child Nepal (CN), Global Action Nepal (GAN) and Nanghshall. The action aims to support the primary education in the intervention areas improving the environment of schools, the quality of the education to 12.000 children, improving the school infrastructures, training the teachers, involving the community in the school management. The 25th of April an Earthquake has had a devastating impact that caused a lot of damages and destruction in many districts of Nepal with 14 districts identified as most affected by the Ministry of Education. Out of the most affected district there are Sindhupalchock, Kathmandu and Kavrepalanchock, were We World was working since 2012. In these areas a high percentage of schools have been reported damaged and with a consequent impossibility of the children to resume classes in the short term. The action was focusing on emergency response for education, in order to assure the access to education to more than 5000 children. We World has supported the construction of 60 Temporary Learning Centre (TLC). The TLC are a space where the children can feel a sense of safety, structure and predictability, where they can play and spend time with their friends and a place where caring facilitators can help them releasing any stored distress they are feeling. Ending the emergency phase, We World has started a project of reconstruction and rehabilitation of schools in the target areas. The constructions of schools is done respecting international and national standards under a regulatory body, the National Reconstruction Authority. WeWorld operates mostly in remote areas with the engagement of local communities and authorities.
In 2016 WeWorld started implementing PEAK! Partnership for Equity and Access in Kapilbastu, a project funded by the European Union with the objective to enhance capacities of 18 local CSOs to promote equity and quality early childhood and basic education. The project is realized in collaboration with local partners.
Scope of the job
To ensure the proper follow up of the admin and reporting procedures of the WeWorld action in the developing country, to guarantee the transparency and the traceability of the economic and financial data flow.
To support and following the admin and finance capacity building of the WeWorld office abroad.
1.Project’s accountancy and financial reporting monitoring: 40% of working time:
· Support WeWorld’s implementing local partners in Nepal managing the project accountancy:.
· Perform ongoing sampling checks, as part of informal monitoring, on the eligibility and appropriateness of project/partner expenditure and whether the procedures under the co-funding contract have been applied correctly
· Ensure that the financial reports prepared by the partners are properly compiled ,submitted in time and in line with WeWorld ‘s financial norms.
· Support the project administrator and Project Manager (PjM) in the administrative management of projects implemented directly by WeWorld, ensuring that the procedures applied are consistent with WeWorld’s / donor’s.
2.Project’s financial monitoring: 40% of working time:
· Support WeWorld’s implementing local partners in Nepal in the projects financial management: definition of the project budget, budget follow up and expenditure projection.
· Ensure a progressive assessment of the partner in terms of financial capability and autonomy; draft a training program to enable the partner to acquire more confidence in terms of reporting and budgeting;
· Support the Project Manager and project administrator with the financial planning, handling budget amendments and planning the requests of funds to the HQ
3.Office financial management: 15% of working time:
· implement all financial office procedures: assure the cash forecast, the management of the cash flow, the relationships with the bank, the financial authorisation of the expenditures
· participate to the financial management of the office in collaboration with the Country Representative: drafts and updates, budget follow up and projection.
· acquire the basic knowledge of the Financials and Fiscal rules and regulation with the support of the Local Charter Accountant in order to ensure the respect of the mandatory dead lines and avoid payment of penalties
· Supervise the accounting and administrative document filing Ensure the monthly closing and the transmission of all documents before the 10th of the following month to the WeWorld headquarters in Milan; implement all the human resource procedures , assure the payment of the salaries and income taxes and update the staff files.
4.Support the Country Representative and the Program manager 5% of working time:
· Ensure the implementation of the staff regulation in the office and that each disciplinary action is documented, justified, compliant with the law and staff regulation
· Manage the logistic of the office with the support of the Country Representative
· Contribute to the improvement of the Local Office different departments from the administrative and financial point of view, sharing experience and training the staff
· Support the Country Representative in complying with the legal and administrative requirements impose by the Law of Nepal on INGOs
Qualification and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration or management
· At least five (5) years of relevant overseas experience providing administrative support, financial management and logistic support in International development projects;
· Previous experience in monitoring partner NGO financial reports
· Experience in the management of the project funded by main donors (es. EU and UN)
· Experience in development project in Nepal will be considered a plus when establishing the ranking.
· Experience in human resource management (training and development);
· Experience of working in team and supporting the partners in all financial and administrative issues of the project.
· Willing to work on close support to the partners central and field branches, with frequent and extended field visit missions.
· Italian Mother tongue, Fluency in English
· Proficiency in MS Office applications especially excel and in using a double-entry accounting system
· Excellent communication skill and sensitivity in dealing with partner administrative staff and solving critical issues;
· Problem solving skills;
· Very flexible, patient and with a positive attitude;
· Dynamic and willing to take initiative to complete tasks assigned.
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Cover Letter including the expected salary and benefit
- Specify three references, indicating telephone numbers and e-mail addresses
To apply register on
Only applications containing the consent to the processing of personal data under D.Lgs.196/2003 will be considered; incomplete applications will not be considered. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
WeWorld is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.