CCM (Comitato Collaborazione Medica) is an Italian NGO operating in Ethiopia, Kenya, and South Sudan, specialized in health-related projects’ implementation, either in humanitarian and development contexts. CCM has been working in South Sudan since 1983, implementing health projects (primary and secondary health care) in 5 counties of Warrap and Lakes States.
The country office is based in Juba and the field offices are located in Twic, Tonj East, Tonj South and Tonj North of Warrap State.
Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda, specialized in health-related projects’ implementation, either in humanitarian and development contexts.
For further information on the organization, please visit the website at www.ccm-italia.org.
Aims and general characteristics
The Country Administrator shall plan, coordinate and be responsible for all administrative and financial aspects of CCM programs in South Sudan, providing expertise and guidance to its staff.
(S)he supports the Country Representative and Project Managers to ensure a proper financial management of the country mission and the projects.
The Country Administrator reports to the Country Representative and functionally to the HQs Administration in Turin. (S)he will be based in Juba office.
Ideally the successful applicant will have considerable experience in accounting or financial field, administrative and legal aspect, have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently.
Here below the details of main tasks assigned to the Country Administrator:
- Supervise the financial and administrative staff and field offices in the Country
- Supervise and coordinate CCM state administrators, accountants, and other support staff
- Supervise the tasks assigned to the Deputy Country Administrator providing guidance on core activities to all administrative staff
- Supervise and update accounting entries ensuring correctness and rigorous management of cash and bankbooks and reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with local regulations in respect of financial, administrative and other matters (eg registration, taxation, visa and labor laws). Ensure the respect of the local law and that taxes are timely remitted to relevant authorities
- Support the preparation of budget proposals and amendments
- Monitor the level of expenditures against projects budget lines
- Formulate, in collaboration with the Country Representative (CR), annual country budget (to the tune of 3.5/4M USD) and monthly fund request to CCM HQ
- Supervise and prepare all financial reports in line with CCM and donor reporting requirements ensuring the proper allocation of expenses to projects’ budgets
- Prepare and supervise general audit for the Office and specific projects according to CCM, Local Authorities and donors’ requirements and regulations
- Manage contracts of local and international staff based on information received from the HQ, CR and Technical Staff
- Ensure that internal control systems are in place and participate in the review of existing policies in consultation with CR
- To revise, update general finance and administrative procedures. Update financial and administrative manuals of the office in accordance with HQ and donors rules and regulations
- Conduct regular visits to field offices to ensure proper financial management, accounting, archiving of documentation and supervision of all financial/administrative activities undertaken at field level
- Support the procurement department. Supervise appropriateness, completeness and updating of all project and procurement documentation. Support in the preparation of legal contracts, contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the program and ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked
- Relevant academic background: Master in Finance/Accounting or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar. CPA/ACCA qualification is desirable.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, with a minimum of 3 years in financial management positions
- In depth knowledge of financial systems, financial/administrative management and reporting
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Experience in financial reporting for major international donors. Previous working experience in HPF funded projects is a strong asset.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems at field level
- Experience in field financial management
- Experience in leading a small working group
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated attention to details, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work cooperatively
- Self-motivated, able to take initiatives, resilient and able to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated capacity to work in remote areas and challenging conditions.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is mandatory
- Knowledge of Italian would be an asset
- Past experience in an INGO will be a strong asset
- Willingness to work under pressure and long hours, if required
Please, email your resume with references ‘details (max 4 pages) and your motivation letter (max 1 page) to email@example.com
Please, to help the HR office to consider your application properly, specify in the email subject the vacancy title as follow Country Administrator South Sudan and rename the file surname_name_cv and surname_name_let
Please, note every resume will be evaluated and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.