- Chi siamo
- Cosa facciamo
- Come sostenerci
- Media Room
Terre des Hommes Italy
Figura richiesta:Country Representative
Terre des Hommes Italy is seeking for a Country Representative in Syria based in Damascus
Terre des Hommes Italia (TDH IT), member of Terre des hommes International Federation, works in 21 developing countries implementing projects and activities for the benefit of more than 2 million people .
We implement relief and mid-term programmes and projects in the fields of education, primary health, protection, PSS and Child Rights.
Terre des hommes Italy’s programs for -affected Syrian population focus mainly on food security, NFI and children psychological support and child protection .
1. Terms of reference
Job title: Country Representative (CR)
Location: The post holder will be based in Damascus with periodic visits to the project locations in Tartous, Lattakia, Al Sweida, Homs, Aleppo.
Starting date: April - May 2017
Duration of contract: 12 Months
2. Tasks and responsibilities
The general purpose of the post is to represent Terre des hommes Italy in the country and act in accordance with specific directions from and supervision of the Senior Programme Manager in the Head Quarter in Milano and the Regional Coordinator based in Amman
The CR manages and coordinates the operations and human resources in the country and is responsible to:
- Establish and maintain collaborative relations with Local Authorities and Institutions, Donors, International Agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Define country priorities based on context and needs analyses; monitor donor intervention strategies in the country; design, promote and elaborate new projects.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate the implementation of the country operations - and all related administrative, financial, human resources, logistics and security aspects - ensuring timely and quality assistance delivery, as well as cost efficiency and accountability, in compliance with Tdh Italy and donors guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Define the Delegation financial plan, ensuring self-sufficiency and consistency of expenses.
- Check the delegation monthly expenses and guarantee accordance with the financial plan with the support of the local administrator.
- Ensure the respect of TDH Italy procedures for the procurement of goods, works and services (e.g.: forwarding all tender notices and results to the headquarter.
- Assume responsibility for the delegation funds management, including bank accounts.
- Approve the projects reports - narrative and financial - and assume responsibility for their submission to the donors.
- Continuously monitoring, analyze and evaluate the impact of the country operations, also through periodic visits to the areas of intervention.
- Coordinate, guide and supervise the delegation and project staff, and evaluate their performance.
- Proactively participate in relevant interagency and local relevant workings gropus and INGOs and UN coordination meetings.
- Write monthly reports on the country operations for the Senior Programme manager in the Head quarter in Milano and for the Regional Coordinator based in Amman.
- Apply all procedures defined by Tdh Italy and donors.
- He/she will be responsible for humanitarian assessments and proposal development for all emergency program.
- To commit to respect Tdh Policies including: Child Protection Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy; Procurement and financial procedures.
3. Required profile/experience
- University degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience as Head of Mission or other management/coordination positions in humanitarian.
- 3 years of work experience in the Middle East Region will be a plus.
- Proven experience in management of UN agencies, Italian Cooperation and/or ECHO funds.
- Proven experience in management of large staff teams.
- Proficient knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Technical competencies:
- Ability to set high standards for quality of work
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from a wide range of sources
- Ability to administrate funds, logistics and human resources
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Mastery of IT tools (MS Office package, internet, e-mail, etc.)
- Behavioral competencies:
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to achieve results effectively, considering the need for speed, scale and quality
- Ability to integrate and work well within multiethnic and multicultural teams
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae, motivation letter and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org , specifying in the subject ‘CR Syria”
Applications close June 28th February 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.